The Namibia Building Workers Pension Fund (NBWPF) a defined contribution, non-commercial fund that operates as an approved umbrella pension fund for the Namibian Construction Industry. It was established with effect from 1 May 1990 thru a collective agreement between the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) and Metal and Allied Namibian Workers Union (MANWU) with the objective to provide retirement and other such related benefits to its members.
The Fund is administered by appointed Trustees made up of equal representatives of employees and employers in the sector. The Board of Trustees consist of six (6) persons and 1 alternate from each side, who shall hold office for a period of at most three years and will be eligible for re-election subject to a maximum of two terms.. The Board of Trustees shall be led by the Chairperson who will have been appointed by Board of Trustees of the Fund.
The NBWPF Board of Trustees mandate among other duties is to:
1. Ensure that there are proper internal controls which are adhered by or on behalf of the Board
2. Ensure proper record keeping and management of the Fund
3. Ensure that the Rules and regulations of the Fund comply with the Pensions and Provident Funds Act.
4. Ensure that there is proper information dissemination to all members of NBWPF concerning their rights, duties and benefits in terms of the NBWPF Rules
5. Ensure that pension contributions are remitted timeously to the Fund in terms of the Pensions and Provident Funds Act.
6. Ensure prudent investment of the fund’s resources for the benefit of the membership.
NBWPF is proud to partner with the following entities: